Essay About Broccoli Cream Soup
Broccoli is the epitome of superfood. It is a healthy and tasty vegetable with lots of nutrients . Every single floret is packed with vitamin K, vitamin C, fibres and plenty of other nutrients . If you are not a fan of this veggie, Broccolli soup is just a perfect way to include it in your diet . It not only looks attractive but also tastes amazing, and is quiet filling too. Do give a try, enjoy!
Ingredients for Soup
For the soup:
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 medium size chopped onion
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 medium size diced potato
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
For the cream:
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon butter
Prep time: 5 minCook time: 30 minReady in: 35 minYields: Serves four people
How to Make Healthy Broccoli Soup
- In a heavy bottom pan add a diced potato, chopped onions, garlic, ginger, salt and 2 cups of water.
- Boil all the ingredients for about 10-15 minutes.
- Now add 2 cups of broccoli florets and if you need more water just add 1/2 cup of water and let it cook for another 2 minutes. Note: If you roast the broccoli in butter it gives a nice flavour and taste.
- Check the vegetables if they are cooked well.
- Now off the flame and keep aside to cool.
- Take another pan and add 1 cup of milk, 1 teaspoon of cornflour and 1 teaspoon of butter.
- Now turn on the flame and stir continuously.
- When the milk thickens, add salt and pepper as required and stir for another 2 minutes.
- Off the flame.
- In a food processor pulse all the vegetables with vegetable stock in a coarse puree.
- Pour this puree into the prepared white sauce and mix it well.
- Boil for 3-4 minutes. If the puree thickens too much, add water into it.
- Off the flame and add 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- Serve hot soup.